Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Our 3rd Anniversary!!!!

Jerrod and I celebrated our 3rd Anniversary here in Nairobi on October 3rd :)  It was crazy busy that week because we were moving into our new house but we managed to make some time for a nice dinner at Zen Garden.  We had some amazing lettuce wraps, shrimp spring rolls, seared beef, sweet and sour chicken, and rice for dinner.  It was so awesome, we literally ate till we were almost sick but we loved it.  Jerrod surprised me with a huge painting I have had my eye on for months, along with flowers and a sweet card.  I had his bible recovered by a Kenyan guy here who does all leather products.  Jerrod was really happy, he said it gave new life to his old bible that had the duct tape cover, LOL.  It's always fun for us to reflect on the past year in marriage.  We usually watch our wedding video on our anniversary but it's back in Houston in storage.  Our 3rd year was awesome, hard, fun, challenging, and a lot of other things.  I couldn't be more thankful for Jerrod through all the ups and downs we've had.  He loves me well, serves me well, and is such an amazing example of a Godly man to so many young guys he disciples here.  I couldn't be more proud to be his wife.  We are excited for what is to come in our 4th year because we know we are so much stronger now than we were a year ago :)  Here are some pictures from our past 3 years....

October 3rd 2009 :)

On our honeymoon in Hawaii

Celebrating our 1st Anniversary in Fredericksburg, TX

Eating the top of our cake on our 1st anniversary

 Celebrating our 2nd Anniversary in Cape Town, South Africa


Celebrating our 3rd Anniversary in Nairobi, Kenya



Blessings,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment