Sunday, January 26, 2014

Amy's Trip to Houston!!

Amy planned a spur of the moment trip to Houston last Thursday night so she brought Molly and Parker for a little weekend getaway. I was planning on running the Houston half marathon that Sunday but due to a neck injury my doctor said I couldn't run in the marathon, so my weekend was wide open, a perfect weekend for them to come. We had so much fun! Friday night we did some shopping and eating at one of our favorite restaurants. Saturday morning we loaded up and went to Terry Hershey park for a long walk and stopped by the playground so Molly could swing and slide. She had a blast and was a little sad to leave the park. Jerrod was with us and he brought along Rhodie for a short run. It was the perfect weather. Then we headed to city center for some more shopping. Amy bought me a pair of Lululemon running shorts for my birthday, which I am in love with. We headed back to our place for some lunch and nap time for Molly. It was nice just relaxing a few hours. Parker laid with me on the couch while I was watching tv, I enjoyed our snuggle time :) He's such a happy baby! We got ready, did a little shopping, then we met Rivers for dinner at Collina's. It's one of our favorite Houston restaurants, they have amazing homemade pizzas and you can bring your own wine. We had dinner, talked, and just enjoyed hanging out and the kids were happy catmpers… it was fun! Sunday we met Carter, Laura and Charlotte at the Houston Zoo for the morning. The kids loved it, and it was another gorgeous day. And of course they HAD to ride the train… Molly kept saying choo choo mommy…. choo choo lol. We ate at Fuddruckers and then headed back to our place so Amy could pack up the car and head home. She was a trooper making the 3 hour drive by herself with 2 babies but we really appreciate it!! We had so much fun and I can't wait to do it again. I am so glad we are close and can hang out on the weekends now :) Love you Amy!!!! Here are a few of my iPhone pics but Amy has some much better pictures on her blog here.

I know this picture is blurry but it was so cute! He was going crazy jumping!













Blessings,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment