Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Encouragement for Today

Sometimes there are times when I feel like God isn't even listening to my prayers.... we are getting nowhere. I get mad at him and beg him to hear me and speak to me. After I am done being ridiculous, I always realize that it's not God's fault, He hasn't moved, He hasn't gone anywhere. Nothing can shake Him. I am the one who wont take time to sit in His presence and listen. I pray and pray and pray, but hardly do I ever just sit and listen. Sometimes I feel like it's a lost cause. I get nothing out of it, and other times I will feel an overwhelming sense of peace. When I don't hear or feel anything I just try to remind myself of those times when I do sense His presence. I'm in a tough place right now, and I want to be mad at God. But in my heart, I know it's not His fault and He still has my back. He will not be shaken. His mercies are new every morning. His love is unfailing. His grace is perfect.

I was reading Jesus Calling today and wanted to share it with you. "No matter what you may lose in this life, you can never lose your relationship with Me."

These scriptures spoke directly to me.
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed" says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20

Blessings,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment