Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kyleigh Came to Visit!

My awesome friend Kyleigh came to visit me the first week of January!  She was on my Africa team when I went 3 years ago and we have kept in touch but hadn't seen each other since Swaziland.  Lots has changed for both of us in 3 years, but we had no problem just picking up where we left off.  It's amazing how much you can bond with someone in 3 months, once you take bucket baths together, share a bunk, and experience some of the heaviest struggles in your life.  I think that is what is so special about our friendship.  She is a senior at Wheaton, outside of Chicago.  She was glad to get away from the snow for a couple of days :)  While she was here we went shopping, visited Jerrod's 5th grade class, had dinner with my Houston friends, went to Austin, met my sister and Layton in Gruene, and had lots of fun together.  It was so weird dropping her off at the airport because I have no idea when I'll see her again, but I know we will be life long friends.  Here are a few pictures of her 1st visit to TEXAS!!!

Kyleigh and I in the lobby of our hotel in Austin...The Driskill :)

At our table for dinner at the Oasis on Lake Travis.

Sun setting over the Tx Hill Country :)

Kyleigh learning how to two step for the first time ever!!!

Our hotel at night....absolutely beautiful!

Amy & Layton at the river in Gruene.  We had lunch at the Gristmill of course!!



Thanks for coming Ky!  I had so much fun and I'm so glad you were able to make the trip!  I can't wait till our next adventure!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment