Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rock N Roll Marathon!

Two weeks ago I ran the San Antonio Rock N Roll Half Marathon.  This was my first half, because in previous years I've done the full.  Needless to say the half was much more enjoyable!!!!  Training was less time consuming, and slacking off didn't effect me as much :)  I finished the 13.1 miles in 1:58 so I was really excited because my goal was to be finished under 2 hours.  My sister ran and several of my other friends.  We had fun celebrating after the race with some Mexican food at Casa Rio on the Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio.  Next race....the Houston Half Marathon on January 30th.  Let the training continue....

Sis and I at the expo the day before the race!

An advertisement for a hell run, no thanks.

About 4:30am before the race! :)  Ready ready ready ready, ready to ruuuunn.....

My sister-in-law Seresa and her friend Lauren, at the start line!

Watching all the runners finish.

 Melissa, good friend from A&M and we both live in Houston :)

Sister's friend Kelli, me, Amy and our cousin's wife Kelli Hindes.

Hanging out with Layton after the race.

 Layton giving mommy some hugs :)
If you've never done a half or full marathon, I encourage you to do one.  They are so much fun but can be quite addicting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment